'Young, oh so young 16 year olds, their lives ahead of them, their choices so many and the unknown of what lies ahead of them.'
This is the dialogue that went on inside my head as I perused through my 16 year old son's year book. As is typical of such publications, students were asked to write where they want to be in 2020. Here is a sample of their responses:
* To have a job and travel.
* To be living in a beach house and just enjoying living.
* To be alive and well, happy and fit.
* Not living with mum and dad!
* To be a specialist doctor; to have a family with children.
* Travelling the world.
* Be in the Olympics for dressage.
* Leave it to the night before I have to decide.
* At the beach!
* Living in a house with my best friend getting fat eating nachos, lamingtons and mango juice; rocking out!
* In Hollywood, starting my acting career.
* An accountant with a great personality!
*Wherever my feet take me.
Where will you be in 2020?