Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fabulous!


I have been lucky enough to be nominated for another award. This time it is the 'Your Blog is Fabulous Award' and it has been bestowed upon me by the Fabulous , Talented and Witty notSupermum.

The etiquette of this award states that I must list my 5 least favourite things before passing it on to some of my favourite blogs. These are as follows:

1) Being late for an appointment, meeting, (and, on the odd occasion) party, anything that is dictated by the dreaded clock.

2) The fact that I plan to blog for twenty minutes and then an hour (or more!) later, I am running late for an appointment, meeting (and on the odd occasion) party!

3) Getting food (especially leafy greens!) caught in my braces. I am usually quite meticulous after eating. Even then, if I talk with someone and they happen to look towards my mouth (as people do when they speak with you!) I get very paranoid and impatient to get to a mirror (and then I'm most definitely late for an appointment, meeting (on the odd occasion) party!).

4) The weather at the moment. It is cold and very, very wet (unlike our usually sunny, cool Autumns). Usually this would not be a problem, however when you have a 10 metre x 5 metre hole that up to 2.5 metres deep in your backyard and filling up at a rate of 10 or more cm per day, then the weather really gets to be a problem. I guess we'll get our pool a little earlier than expected and a little murkier as well...tears well up in my eyes as I write!

5) The tradespeople who are trying to convince us that they can pump the ever-increasing water out of the 10m x 5m hole, and try to convince us it is okay to concrete over rusty scaffolding and mud. Yes, these people are really starting to be my least favourite 'thing' already.


To shed a little happiness (and I need all the happiness I can get right now!) and blog cheer, I would like to award the following blogs with this Fabulous award:


Don't forget to list your 5 least favourite things when you pick up!
Have a great day everyone, while I check how much more rainwater we have in the earth-shell of our pool!

10 comments:

Suko said...

Congrats, Mervat! Your blog IS fabulous!

Mervat said...

Suko: Thank you so much! Right back at you!

Unknown said...

well deserved- you do have a lovely blog x

Natalie said...

Yay! For fabby blog!

Boo, Hiss, to that other thing, with murky stuff in, that we are NOT speaking about. Hmph! xx♥

Darla said...

Well deserved award. My least favorite thing at the moment is a mammogram which I'm scheduled to have today.

Hope your rain stops and your huge puddle dries up.

Darla

Kim said...

THANK YOU for thinking of me!! I would love to vent some of my frustrations out on my blog with good reason:) Sorry to hear about the pit in your yard. Im assuming you're getting a pool - which will be awesome once this nonsense is over with.

lunarossa said...

Congratulations, Mervat, well deserved! All the best. Ciao. A.

Mervat said...

Lisa: You are so sweet. Thanks! xo

Natalie: thank you...and yes, I'll pretend the hole is not there! xo

Darla: I'll be thinking of you. I hope this is just the standard two-yearly one and that all goes well for you. xxoo

Kim; You are so welcome! Well deserved. Yes we are getting a pool. I am trying to stay focussed on the bigger picture, not the big wet hole!

lunarossa: Thanks honey!

septembermom said...

Congratulations Mervat! Your blog is fabulous! I hate running late too. Hope things get easier with the tradespeople. Congrats to the other recipients too!!

Unknown said...

Well, I have just met you but I can already tell that you are fabulous : ). I love your little profile picture. ADORABLE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

View My Stats